Sunday, March 17, 2013

Welcome!

Recently a friend told me about a food co-op called Bountiful Baskets. Basically, every two weeks you place your "contribution" or order and pick up your basket the following Saturday. There are locations all over the US, and if there isn't one near you, there is a link to start a new location. I was so excited when my friend told me about it that I could hardly wait to get my first basket! I had my mom pick it up for me yesterday, because we had plans and I was NOT about to miss my first basket! Here is what I came home with:

Cauliflower, asparagus, broccoli, apples, oranges, carrots, mangoes, lemons, grapefruits, key limes, ginger, onions, bananas, lettuce of some variety, spinach, red kale, a beet, and flat leaf parsley.

Disclaimer: There are several options for baskets, one basket is $15 then you can add other things on, for instance this week there was a "juicer basket", I did add that. There is a bread option usually, there was a granola option this time as well. Like the variety, it changes every two weeks. So this week, I paid $25 for what you see. That comes out to be $12.50 per week. 

WOW! Now for the reason I started the blog, what do I do with that?? This time it, I think I know what everything is at least, but making something with it might be a different story. 

I will be posting my recipe tests and results with the food that I get from my bountiful basket! I am sure there is bound to be a few failures, hopefully a few successes and everything in between! 

No comments:

Post a Comment