Saturday, March 23, 2013

Mango Lemonade

We received two mangoes in our Bountiful Basket last week! Besides eating a mango as is, I had no idea what else I could to with it. I had heard of mango salsa but it didn't really appeal to me, so I hit my trusty research site - pinterest. First I needed to know how to handle these little guys and came across this very helpful link on how to cut a mango. Now I was ready to try some new recipes! I found a recipe that my daughter picked out for mango lemonade.






Ingredients:

1 mango, pureed
2 large lemons, juiced
1/2 cup sugar
3 - 3 1/2  cups water




Cut the mango as directed and puree. Juice the lemons, I had about 1/2 cup when I was done juicing. Pour all ingredients together and shake! Perfect job for the little ones. It was a little plain at first, but I let it sit in the fridge overnight and tried it again in the morning and it was delicious. Light and refreshing, just like lemonade should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment